You are asked to upload a photo
during the order process but can also log-in
and upload it afterwards. If you don't have a digital photo, you can
mail it in to us (note $3 p/photo scanning
Photo Guidelines (pay attention!)
- Send ONE good photo. Good photo = great icon!
- Standard formats preferably .jpg but we also
accept .gif, .tif, .pdf, .psd, & .bmp files.
- Big and clear. We recommend that
the size of the face be no smaller than a half dollar.
- Front or 1/4 turn view. We want to see the shape of the face and features, especially around the eyes.
- Capture the facial expression that you
want. Smiling/laughing is best. Don't show uncommon
expressions that can change the structure and demeanor of
the face such as squinting eyes or a bashful expression
unless you want your icon that way.
EXAMPLES OF GOOD PHOTOS
- Bigger & clear pictures are better - head
should be larger than half-dollar.
- Front or 1/4 turn view. We need to see the
shape of the face.
- Photos should clearly show the subject's
facial features, including eyes.
- Show them smiling or the expression you want
for the MyFaceIcon.
EXAMPLES OF BAD PHOTOS
- Small, blurry or dark.
- Head turned face obstructed by hands etc.
- Slated or bashful face is bad because it
changes the structure and demeanor of the face
and shows an expression that is rare.
- Squinted eyes.